Monday, August 24, 2009

You Too Could Have a Stress-Free Wedding Day!


This weekend, I had the pleasure of helping at a wedding at my church. On Friday evening, I directed the bridal couple and their wedding party through a rehearsal of the wedding ceremony and answered their questions and concerns about everything and anything that could happen at their wedding the next day. Then on Saturday, I was on hand before, during, and after the ceremony to help the bride and groom and their wedding party as well as to assist the priest as needed.

I met this couple previously during the Marriage Preparation Classes at our church. My husband and I are one of the presenting couples for Marriage Prep and we have the unique opportunity to meet the young couples who will be getting married at our church. I was thrilled to be able to assist them on the last leg of their preparations for their wedding. When the bride and groom arrived for the rehearsal on Friday night, they were both very nervous about what they had do during the ceremony – where they should stand, when they should sit, what their responses should be to the priest’s questions, how to ‘do’ the unity candle ceremony, and why certain parts of the ceremony where to be done the way that I was directing them. I found myself spending a lot of time reassuring them that we would go through the entire order of the ceremony so they would be prepared for the actual ceremony the next day. I also let them know that if they had any questions after running through the rehearsal, I would be happy to answer all their concerns before they left for the evening.

After running through the order of the ceremony (and answering many questions from all the participants in the wedding), everyone seemed to be more at ease with what was going to be happening during the actual wedding ceremony. Before bidding everyone goodnight, I encouraged the couple to have a relaxing evening and if they had any further concerns, to write them done and we would take care of them before the ceremony.

As I locked up the church on Friday night, I thought to myself that I really hoped this beautiful couple had enjoyed their engagement period and that I wish all of their questions had been answered a lot earlier than just the day before their wedding. How unfortunate it is that the last few days before beginning their married life together, this couple still was unsure about what was going to transpire at their ceremony.

Couples deserve to enjoy the entire journey, from the first moment when she says “Yes!” to when they say “I do”. All the steps along the way should be embraced with joy – don’t wait until your wedding day to enjoy yourself. The best way to make this happen is to have someone point you in the right direction. That ‘someone’ is a wedding planner.

A wedding planner wears many hats. Your planner is an idea person, a color co-ordination expert, the keeper of the budget, a conflict resolver, a negotiator, the go-to person for etiquette and much more! One of the main benefits of hiring a wedding planner is that the two of you (and your family and friends) will be able to enjoy the wedding day because the wedding planner will ensure that all of your dreams for your wedding will come true.

If you want to have your dream wedding, feel free to give me a call and I will be delighted to assist you. Call (306) 244-8482 or email me at info@vivaweddingsandevents.com or vivaweddings@hotmail.com. And remember, our first meeting together is free!


Thought for the day…

I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance,
A church filled with family and friends.
I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for,
He said one that would make me his wife.

- Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment