Thursday, August 27, 2009

Pamper Yourself Before Your Wedding Day



This afternoon, I had an appointment for a spa pedicure and a fill on my gel nails. I’ve been getting pedicures for a few years now, but the gel nails are a new “addiction”. When I was at a Mastermind Meeting in Hermosa Beach, California this April, my mentor (Ciara Daykin) asked me to describe my ideal bride. I told her all about my bride: what kind of clothes she would wear, where she would go to have her hair styled, what her hobbies are, and so on and so forth. “And,” I stated, “She would have gel nails!” Ciara asked me to show her my hands. She took one look and said, “Girl, if you want to work with brides like you just described, you need to get yourself some gel nails!” Hmmm. Ciara had a point there – my nails were looking kind of sad.

When I arrived back home in Saskatoon, I went to my regular appointment for a pedicure. As I made my next pedicure appointment, I took the leap and made an appointment for gel nails. The next week, I came back to the salon and spent an hour having someone pamper my hands and make them look gorgeous (not to brag, but my hands do look gorgeous!). It only took one time to get me hooked – I love, love, LOVE my gel nails!

After having my gel nails for a few weeks, I started taking a closer look at my hairstyle. I had kind of got myself into a rut with my hair – well, I guess 30 years with the same basic hairstyle is a little bit more than a rut, maybe more like a hole! I decided to go for broke and get a brand new hairstyle so I could be a brand new me. I had been saving clippings of a monthly newspaper feature called “Beautiful You” from my local newspaper, The Saskatoon Star Phoenix. In this feature, one lucky woman went through a process of beauty, fashion, and fitness changes and her steps along the way were chronicled monthly in the newspaper. After perusing my stack of saved newspaper clippings, I decided that I would go to the same hair salon as was used in the makeover and just let the stylist do whatever she thought would work best for me.

I made an appointment for a consultation and meet Michelle at Visions. My only criterion for a hairstyle was that I had to be able to handle it myself. I am a little bit “challenged” in the hair department so anything that would be too hands-on or complicated would not work for me. After Michelle gave me an idea of how she planned to proceed with my new hair, I made an appointment for the following week. The next Friday, I said goodbye to my old hairstyle and walked out of Visions with an incredible new look. The cut Michelle created for me was sooo great, I can just dry my hair and it falls into place. Amazing!

Most girls love to be pampered. Being a bride is the one time that a girl truly needs to be pampered. She has to look her best because all the eyes that are going to be on her plus she is going to have a permanent record of how she looked on her wedding day with all the pictures that will be taken of her and her new husband. Instead of rushing around in a last-minute frenzy of wedding-related projects and activities, book yourself in for a day of spa treatments like a manicure and a pedicure. Perhaps you could include an aromatherapy message or a hot-stone massage. On your wedding day, have your hair stylist do your hair for you and hire a make-up artist to make sure look you look picture perfect. Another thing you could do is give yourself the gift of a stress-free day by having a wedding planner take care of all the details for your wedding day and let the relief show in your face!

Do you want to enjoy your wedding day? Do you want to look at your wedding photos and see how beautiful and relaxed you were on that special day? Do yourself (and the rest of your family and friends) a HUGE favor and hire a wedding planner to take care of everything. Call me at (306) 244-8482 or email me at info@vivaweddingsandevents.com or vivaweddings@hotmail.com. Your first meeting with me is free!


Thought for the day…

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment